The stock shortage in different segments continues to affect a large part of the markets. A new example is the one that comes to us from Canyon, who, in the absence of chips in their printer cartridges, is teaching customers how to bypass security mechanisms to avoid the use of fake products. If you have a printer of this brand, we will tell you how to do this.
Chip shortage affects canon toners
The company is sending emails to its users with important information. In these emails, they admit to having a problem with their original cartridges, which incorporate chips to detect their originality and also to provide information. The lack of semiconductors globally affects everyone, including these cartridges.
To avoid major problems for users, Canon recognizes that until this chip can be used again, is selling cartridges without chip, which causes printers to recognize them as non-genuine. He claims that the quality of the ink is identical and therefore the printing will be successful.
However, there are features that will not be available, such as detecting toner levels. This is the list of affected models:
- ImageRUNNER 1435i/1435iF
- ImageRUNNER 2625i/2630i/2645i
- ImageRUNNER ADVANCE 4525i/4535i/4545i/4551i, II and III
- ImageRUNNER ADVANCE C250i/350i/C351iF
- ImageRUNNER ADVANCE C255i/C355i/C355iF/C256i/356i
- ImageRUNNER ADVANCE C256i/356i II and III
- ImageRUNNER ADVANCE C3320i/3325i/3330i
- ImageRUNNER ADVANCE C3520i/3525i/3530i, II and III
- ImageRUNNER ADVANCE C5535i/5540i/5550i/5560i, II and III
- ImageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 4725i/4735i/4745i/4751i
- ImageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 6000i
- ImageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C257i/C357i
- ImageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C3720i/3725i/3730i
- ImageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C3822i/3826i/3830i/3835i
- ImageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C5735i/5740i/5750i/5760i
- ImageRUNNER C1325iF/1335iF
- ImageRUNNER C3025i
- ImageRUNNER C3125i
- ImageRUNNER C3226i
What should you do if you have bought one of these cartridges
Canon indicates that when an error message appears when installing toner, the user must close this notice and/or click on Accept (depending on the toner model you purchased). From here, you should use your printer as normal and ignore any messages about remaining ink levels, as these may be false.
Via | Xataka